I have not written in a while but winters are hard for our family. The kids are usually sick which means we are worn out by the time spring comes around. Well, I had a great experience yesterday and I have concluded that I am happy because it is still possible to find great teachers.
Most of my friends and family were running away from me for six months as I complained about my daughter’s school. There were a lot of tears and frustrated drop offs and pickups for all of us. Once the semester was over we made the decision to pull my daughter out and enroll her in a different school in our district. Not an easy decision to make because as parents you always fear you could be putting your child in an even worse situation. Fortunately my five-year old was on board and ready to change schools. The decision was better than we expected.
We have now completed two months in the new school and I had the privilege to volunteer in my daughter’s classroom yesterday. It was a great experience which I cannot share for confidentiality reasons but I was so impressed with the teacher and how the class was managed that I was beyond myself. I told the teacher I thought she was awesome and that I was amazed at how she managed the class. Her response was quite simple. “I love my job”. I requested from the principal a Mary Poppins for a teacher and little did I know I would get one.
I now can say I have my daughter back, and she has recovered her love for learning despite her bad experience at the other school. Seeing my daughter thrive thanks to a teacher who cares gives me hope that despite low compensation and morale issues in the teaching profession, there are still people who choose to teach for the love of teaching. I would like to thank Mrs. Simmons and all the teachers who care and make our children’s experience unique and unforgettable.
My daughter’s quote: “Mommy you just work, teachers are actually trying to help someone learn something.”
Lesson of the day: Choose a profession or occupation you love so you can do it well and touch people’s hearts along the way.
LOL I Love Bella!!! She is not only beautiful but smart like Mommy and Daddy!!! She got the best of you 2 :)
ReplyDeleteI am happy for you guys!!
Happy Easter and Happy New Beginning!!!