I have not written in this blog for a little while. Things have just gotten a little crazy around here. For those that know me well, understand that April is a critical month as it is my birthday and my birthday always makes me happy. My husband told my mom that he gets stressed around my birthday every year because my expectations are huge. What can I say. It is my day and no one else's.
I never take the day off for my birthday because I want everyone to say happy birthday to me. I track everyone who calls and who does not call and I make my list just like Santa Claus on who is naughty or nice.
For some reason it never feels like a real birthday if I don't blow out those candles no matter how many there are. I refuse to accept the fact that after you reach a certain age you really don't celebrate. It makes me happy to know that I can celebrate and although people here think it is crazy to have a themed birthday party for a 35 year old woman I really don't care. This year I had a party and it was fun. It was a lot of work and I was very tired when it was over but it was well worth it.
I probably need to credit my mother for having gone above and beyond on all my birthdays, even though she is not a birthday person at all. I remember all my birthdays and how great they were. I continue to promote the birthday spirit for my kids' birthdays but even they are not as excited about birthdays like I am.
I will continue to celebrate and make a big deal out of every birthday and will never allow anyone to take that away from me. I will also continue to celebrate in style and not compromise quality for practicality.
Lesson of the day: Birthdays are a celebration of you; it marks the beginning of who you have become. You owe it to yourself and your family to celebrate YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment